Grammar for Being Capable of Dealing with Complexity (Week 13)

Simple Design: The Hidden Cost Of Design Complexity 

I recently wrote a paper for an English course: ENGL5800 -  Race/Gender in Medieval/Renaissance.  I thoroughly reviewed my paper before submission. But my professor marked several points on my paper that she regarded as contradictory and confusing.  After reviewing my submitted paper, I found three cues of complication throughout it.  For example, I was writing about two medieval women whose rights and freedom were nonexistent.  Even though I thoroughly explained how they were abused and tortured, I failed to make a connection how they end up using their abuse as a mean to revenge for their hardship, which was the feedback from my professor. After reading over, I did agree with my professor's feedback. 

Thoughtful Disagreement as a Competitive Advantage | Corporate Compliance  Insights

I recently had a disagreement with my current boss about an incident that alleged of my ill behavior. I tried to defend myself, but it was not successful.  In my defense, I was trying to do a full justice by stating my position.  I tried to use cues of contradiction to counterclaim what was said.  I tried to use cues such as "however," "being said," "on the other hand,"although," and "perhaps" to refute the boss's claim of my behavior.  Here was my reflection of complexity:

 I  did disagree with the presenter and shared my feelings about the topic. However, I was not in anyway disrespectful to the presenter. Even though I respect the presenter, I did believe that I had a right to share my thoughts.

Hau


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grammar for Being Adaptable (Week 12)

Grammar for Being Modest (Week 11)

Yours or Mine: Who has OWNERSHIP? - The Use of Apostrophe